List: The 10 Best Small Towns to Visit for Halloween
- Anoka, Minnesota – Known as the Halloween capital of the world, this lively community has made it it mission to provide everyone in town with fun ways to celebrate the holiday since the 1920s.
- Ceredo and Kenova, West Virginia – Not just one, but two small towns in West Virginia team up every year to host the C-K AutumnFest which includes bake-offs, festivals, tractor shows, and more.
- Chatham, Massachusetts – This scenic seaside town is known for its annual Pumpkin People in the Park event. “Estes Park, Colorado – This mountainside village is home to the historic Stanley Hotel, which was the inspiration behind Stephen King\\’s chilling novel The Shining.”,
- Laconia, New Hampshire – This New England town attracts more than 40,000 visitors every October, and for good reason. Get ready for plenty of haunted attractions, festivals, food events, and more.
- Romeo, Michigan – While some towns create over-the-top Christmas displays every year, this Midwestern town likes to get all gussied up for its annual Terror on Tillson Street Halloween event.
- Salem, Massachusetts – Back in 1692, the infamous Salem witch trials were held in this tiny New England town. “Sleepy Hollow, New York – There are oh-so-many ways to celebrate Halloween in the hometown of Washington Irving\\’s Headless Horseman legend.”,
- St. Helens, Oregon – You may recognize this town from the iconic Disney movie Halloweentown, since many of the scenes were filmed here.
- Telluride, Colorado – Every year locals have a wicked good time in this sleepy Colorado mountain town at the Telluride Horror Show film festival, KOTO Halloween bash and town parade.