List: Real Id Checklist for Illinois
- Please note you will not be able to travel without one
- A Real ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20)
- A passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted
- Proof of Social Security number. A Social Security card, a W-2, or a pay stub with a Social Security number on it will be accepted.
- Two (2) proofs of residency. Those can include a utility bill, a rental agreement, a deed/title, or a bank statement.
- Provide proof of signature. A credit or debit card, a canceled check, or a current Illinois driver’s license or ID can be used for proof of signature.
- PLAN AHEAD FOR TRAVEL: After providing those documents, residents will receive a temporary paper ID (However, TSA will NOT accept that paper ID), and receive their new ID in the mail within 15 business days.