List: How to Clean Greasy Kitchen Cabinets
- Apply a few drops of concentrated dish liquid, like Dawn®, into a bowl of warm water, then dip the sponge in. Squeeze the sponge until suds form. The cleaning agents in Dawn absorb grease just as well on kitchen surfaces as they do on dishes.
- Begin by testing on an inconspicuous corner before doing a full-fledge scrubbing. Scrub the greasy surface back and forth with the soft side of the sponge until the soil is removed. If applicable, follow the grain. Dawn locks away grease so that it is not re-deposited as you clean the rest of the surface.
- For those stubborn stains, apply a few drops of Dawn directly to the soft side of the sponge and wipe the grease until it is removed.
- Immediately dry the surfaces with a clean paper towel. This will prevent streaking.
- Wipe down the cabinets and remove any remaining grease and excess soap with a damp paper towel. Excess residue may lead to etching on certain materials.