List: A Therapist’s Guide to Stop Overthinking
- Acknowledge your fears and try to accept them.
- Allow yourself a set amount of time to worry.
- Avoid the internet and social media, especially self-diagnosing, online research and product reviews, co paring yourself to others, and the news.
- Distract yourself by doing something different, moving to a new location.
- Learn to relax your body and mind with activities such as meditation, exercise, listening to soothing music, massage, using aromatherapy, etc.
- Let go of perfection. Strive for “good enough” rather than perfect. “Name it to tame it. Interrupt the cycle of worry by acknowledging that you\\’re feeling anxious or overwhelmed.”,
- Practice self-compassion and respond with kindness when you make a mistake.
- Write down your worries.